Jun 20, 2003

So, my schedule has taken on this surreal kind of nature. I’m up late at night, sleep a few hours, up early in the morning, drag through the day, nap in the afternoon at some point and then up again.

A lot of it has to do with getting the catalogs out. I’ve come to refer to the two books as Fat Man and Little Boy. Little Boy is out at the proofreader, and we’re in the home stretch, just those last minute tweaks and dropping in some art and Little Boy will be history until bluelines.

Fat Man looms large, like this behemoth I have to confront and dread. I went back and reworked the basic page construction but, as these things go, I’m still not really happy with it. Getting Little Boy out of my hair was the excuse I could use but, there’s no escaping the fact Fat Man is going to be a big part of my life over the next ten days or so. Once I’m immersed in a project, it goes fast but, getting going is the hard part.

Also, I find it interesting I organize myself pretty thoroughly on these jobs - AJ and Neil would be proud, I keep a mean job folder (even when I’m working on a project at home) - how scary.

Once these guys are out my hair, I’ll be able to go back to my puttering for awhile. July looks like it will be a very busy month anyway - got a couple of ballgames and some good social calendar type stuff.

No comments: